What To Do This Summer

Kiara Hesse, Staff Writer

Summer is a time filled with fun and enjoyable activities. Although, since the beginning of the pandemic, activities have been limited along with travel. It is easy to get bored during the summer, especially since there is no school in session and it seems like there is nothing to do. School is what keeps students busy most of the time, and without it, teens are looking for something to keep them entertained.

Some activities that adolescents can do on a nice summer day is go for a walk, ride a bike, exercise, have a picnic with friends or family, hike, go camping, take a drive to the beach, swim in a pool, shop at the mall, watch a movie or TV show, read, bake or cook, talk with friends, and more. There is so much to do during the summer to ensure that your time is well spent. A lot of teenagers also occupy their time with a summer job such as working at a camp, babysitting, working as a lifeguard, tutoring, or doing an internship. The options are endless for summertime activities; there is always something you can do to preoccupy your time and keep yourself busy. Many juniors and seniors will probably be using their free time to look at colleges and prepare for what is to come after high school.  

The end of a school year can be really stressful for students with so many AP exams, finals, and regents. But after all the testing is done, the summer can be spent relaxing and having an enjoyable time with friends and family. There might not be as much traveling for vacations like previous summers, but there is still so much to do in your own neighborhood and places to explore.