Going Into Senior Year

Artina Krkuti, Staff Writer

As the year is coming to a close, I am reminded by all the preparations I need to make and by my teachers, that I am almost a senior. I am overwhelmed, but yet again excited by this since, of course, it will be my last year of high school, but it is also stressful because you need to apply to college and everything that goes along with that.

Since freshman year, I couldn’t wait to be a senior, but now that it’s just around the corner, I’m still nervous. It’s the final stretch, the last crawl before you stand and walk into the real world. So far, I’m looking forward to all my classes that I am taking my senior year and hopefully all the fun we will have. For me, I’m looking most forward to prom with my friends of course. There are so many events that take place throughout the year that will be our last, for example Battle of the Classes and homecoming. I’m hoping to have as much fun as possible to make my senior year memorable with all my friends. I’m looking forward to all the fun that my friends and I will have at every event.

But with becoming a senior, comes a lot of stress. College plays a big role in that. I’ve already started preparing for college, getting my recommendations, writing my college essay and trying to find colleges that I want to go to. It is a very stressful process and it takes a while too, so as senior year is coming, I’m pushing through with that process. Additionally, keeping your grades up and trying to not let senioritis hit you is hard too. I plan to continue to work hard and study to keep my grades up throughout the year, even though I wanted a relaxed senior year. Overall, I’m excited to become a senior. It’s something everyone looks forward to and hopefully it is a good one.