Mepham’s Upcoming School Year

Courtney Blom, Staff Writer

The start of the school year brings many different emotions and possibilities. Some students feel excited about the new school year and getting back into the swing of their school routines. Others feel a little disappointed about letting go of summer and having to face the looming reality of homework and waking up early each morning. Either way, people have many different opinions about this present school year and the possibilities that it presents us.
Some students feel relieved and want to set new goals and achievements for this 2019-2020 school year. Some might include joining in more activities, getting involved at Mepham, getting good grades in classes, doing community service, and more.
One sophomore from Mepham, Kate McNerney, said, “I think this school year has been very fun and exciting so far. I enjoyed events like Homecoming and I want to join more clubs.”
This school year will have many events for students to participate in and enjoy. Homecoming is one of many, and it is a very highly enjoyable experience. Mepham also offers a variety of clubs that gets students involved with school more and get to participate in fun events for the clubs.
Another sophomore, Julie Penninipede, commented, “The start of the school year is really good so far. I like my classes as well as my teachers. I am mainly excited for sports and Battle of the Classes.”
Additionally, another well-known event at Mepham is Battle of the Classes. This competition between the classes gets all students in every grade involved, and everyone has a great time. Students can get involved in sports during any season as well. One can support by playing on the field, or off the field.
Lastly, Sophomore Victoria Gibney said, “So far this school year has been really eventful.”
I believe that is a great outlook on this 2019 – 2020 school year. This year will definitely be one for the books at Mepham High School.