The Student News Site of WC Mepham High School

The Buccaneer

The Buccaneer

The Buccaneer

Unwrapping 2023

It’s the most wonderful time of the year! No, it’s not winter break, or the many days of present giving, or hanging out with your family and friends. It’s Spotify Wrapped. With over 570 million users globally, Spotify has grown to become one of the biggest music streaming platforms of all time. On November 29, 2023, excitement had grown across the media. Within a few days, it had amassed over 1.5 million posts under the hashtag #SpotifyWrapped. 

For those not familiar, Spotify Wrapped is a personalized summary of your year in music, based on the songs and artists you enjoy. It goes into depth about your most played artist and when you listened to them the most, most played song, minutes listened, and more. This year, they even brought in the feature of a thank you message from your top artists. 

According to AP News, Taylor Swift ended Bad Bunny’s three year reign of most listened to artist. She made the charts by racking in 26.1 billion streams throughout 2023. According to Spotify, her most popular songs are “Blank Space” “I Don’t Wanna Live Forever” (feat. Zayn) and “Cruel Summer,” all of them amassing over 1 billion streams. Between her abundance of album releases and multi-million dollar tour, she has shot herself into billionaire status.

Another artist that stood out this year on the Spotify Wrapped charts is the one and only Bad Bunny, who still made waves with a second place charting with billions upon billions of streams. His album “Un Verano Sin Ti” amassed over 4 billion streams alone.

So, put on your hats, gloves, and headphones for the harsh winter cold. Play your favorite songs, and wait until next year for your 2024 Spotify Wrapped.