The Student News Site of WC Mepham High School

The Buccaneer

The Buccaneer

The Buccaneer

Ten eras go worldwide

Gianna Franzitta

“The Eras Tour has been the most meaningful, electric experience of my life so far”. These are the words of worldwide phenomenon Taylor Swift, while announcing her highly anticipated Eras Tour movie. She goes on to say, “….I’m overjoyed to tell you that it’ll be coming to the big screen soon! Starting October 13th you’ll be able to experience the concert film in theaters in North America! (…) era attire, friendship bracelets, singing and dancing encouraged, 1,2,3 LGB!!!” 

On October 13th, AMC theaters worldwide will be flooded with Taylor Swift fans eagerly awaiting to see the brand new Eras Tour Movie. Taylor Swift is on her sixth tour of her career and this one is the biggest yet. Swift has put together all of her ten record breaking albums and created a three-hour-long concert. Although many fans are not able to attend the concert due to a multitude of reasons ranging from the Ticketmaster debacle to travel reasons, the artist has turned her tour into a movie that fans all over could enjoy. The film has already received record breaking pre-sales, gaining $26 million on August 31st which happens to be the same day ticket sales began. AMC theaters have announced that the movie has already “shattered records for single-day advanced ticket revenue”. 

Despite the event being a movie and not an actual concert, fans are treating this film with just as much anticipation and enthusiasm as the actual concert. Many are making homemade costumes from Taylor’s different album “eras” alongside the, what now has become a Swift fan tradition, friendship bracelets. This trend of bracelet making was created from the lyric “make the friendship bracelets” from Swift’s You’re on your Own Kid, on her tenth album “Midnights”. The bracelets have become a staple for the tour as fans have been making hundreds of bracelets to trade before, during and after the concert.

Taylor Swift  is holding everyone’s attention with her third re-recording of her first six albums, the next one coming is 1989 (Taylor’s Version) released on October 27th, 2023. One thing that all “Swifties” can agree on is that Swift never fails to keep us anticipating her next move.