The Student News Site of WC Mepham High School

The Buccaneer

The Buccaneer

The Buccaneer

Chilling news on Long Island: Body parts found

Scattered around places that seemed to be mundane to Long Island families, the discovery of body parts sends chills down everyone’s backs. 

On a seemingly ordinary Thursday, a couple of teens were walking past Babylon Park on their way to school, the same as they would on any other day, however they made a horrific discovery: a human arm. Later in the day another arm and a leg were found in the same park. This shocking discovery led the homicide investigators to become more alert. The day after on Friday, a head and another arm were discovered. According to NBC New York, the homicide investigators have searched three locations thus far for additional remains: Bethpage State Park, a wooded area in West Babylon, and a home on Railroad Avenue in Amityville— all of which are close in proximity to the first discovery made in Babylon Park. From these locations, more remains were found in the wooded area. The Suffolk police believe the two victims lived with each other but have yet to confirm. 

The police are still currently trying to piece all the evidence and known information together. So far, they claim that the incident is an isolated event with no threat to the public; gang-activity is also another possibility. What they have confirmed is the victims are a 59-year-old woman, Donna Conneely and 53-year-old male, Malcolm Craig Brown. At the moment, four people are charged with a possible connection to this case. 

Despite the gruesome events, the Suffolk police are working hard to put an end to this case and bring peace to the minds of New Yorkers.